Thursday, September 15, 2011

How To Make a Monster Bookmark in 5 Steps!

By Amanda Marks

This idea is nothing new I originally saw something very similar on Pinterest with the Wicked Witch of the East in a book.  My friend Leslierahye did an amazing bookmark out of felt with one of my digis for a design team project.  I really needed a bookmark and I decided to combine both ideas to make one (I have already lost my new bookmark to my daughter.)

Materials Needed:
Creative Paperclay
Chip board (I used a coaster)
Scissors
Fondant Roller
Circle Clay Cutter
Sculpting Tools
Black String
Needle with the end snipped off stuck in a cork
Googly Eyes
Paint
Paint Brush
Water
Sandpaper (optional)
1.  Roll out clay to a unformed thickness.  Take circle cutter and cut two circles.

2.  Cut coaster to the desired width.


3.  Score clay and lay the coaster in the middle of the bottom circle.  Add water and score the other piece of clay and smooth them together.  Add two circles for googly eyes and detail for the mouth.





4.  Taking the needle insert the string into the top of the "head" to produce hair.  Allow to dry for 24 hours.



5.  Sand if desire.  Paint and seal!  Find a good book to keep your new bookmark in!



3 comments:

debbieluttrell said...

Great job, Amanda. I love the Lewis quote, too!

Cheryl said...

Now that is a super cute idea! It would be very funny to do one of those "kilroy" faces with hands peeking over the books top ;-)

MarissArt Dollmaker said...

Loooove these! What a great idea!!!