Friday, September 30, 2011

Something Ghoulish with Creative Paperclay!


I’m rather pleased with the way my project for today turned out. I totally thought “outside the box” on this one. lol I started out with my Creative Paperclay and a cannonball gourd. Yep, that’s the name of this particular gourd. First I covered the whole gourd with paperclay and let that dry overnight. I then made and attached all of the ghoulish paperclay features and let them dry also. I don’t think I had this much fun with clay since I was in grade school!
Spooky cute Halloweenie with Creative Paperclay 001


                                              Spooky cute Halloweenie with Creative Paperclay 002 Spooky cute Halloweenie with Creative Paperclay 004
The eyes are actually brads, which I just bent the posts down and pushed them right into the clay. I next attached the head to a spindle (remember me mentioning that I bought a whole box full of them quite awhile back?) and a purchased wood base. I also inserted a dowel rod through the spindle.
                                             Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 001 Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 002              
It’s really hard to show in a picture what the features really looked like ‘cause the clay is white. After attaching these parts together I decided to add ears and an eyeball in the back of the head. Once this was done and dried, I went to work with the paint and embellishments!!! Woo Hoo what fun!! I painted all the details spray sealed him and gave him a collar made out of “Recollections” 12X12 Cardstock. I cut strips of the cardstock, sewed them with needle and thread and glued them to the spindle. Looking good isn’t he?
                                            Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 004 Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 005
Well……. he does look pretty good but you know me, I just had to add a little more. So I put another collar under the first one made out of tulle. I made it the same way as the first. Then I used some “Recollections” border and cut the skull border and hung it from the dowel rod and cut out the labels individually and glued them around the bottom of the spindle. Here are pictures of the finished ghoul:
                                             Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 014 Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 013
                                             Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 008 Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 009
                                              Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 010 Creative Paperclay Halloween 1 011
I really had a lot of fun making this ghoulish guy! I guess he does look kind of scary ‘cause when the dog saw him he growled and then barked at him. LOL Why don’t you buy some Creative Paperclay and make yourself some Halloween fun! You can use any type of ball to cover with the paperclay. A styrofoam ball works great too.

Barbara






No comments: