Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas crafting with Creative Paperclay®!!

Hello everyone! I know it's been a little while since my last post but I have a husband who has had back surgery and for the past three weeks I've been the nurse and gopher around here. I finally made the time to work with my Creative Paperclay® though. Yay! My thoughts as I'm sure many others has turned to the Christmas Season. I saw a picture a week or so ago of a Santa that just really appealed to me, so I thought I would try to make my own version of that jolly old Elf! I started out with Creative Paperclay®, some styrofoam (a cone and a ball) and a piece of dowel. Something I didn't show in the original picture is some aluminum foil which I used for the base of the hat.

I took many pictures but had a hard time saving them and uploading them, this go round. But essentially what I did was attach the ball to the cone using the piece of dowel and some glue. I then rolled out my clay and molded it around the cone and then the ball. This was the base to which I added the facial features. I molded a hat out of aluminum foil and glued it to the head and covered it with clay. After I added all the little details it looked like this:
I do need to add that I used glue under each piece of clay that I adhered to something beside itself. He's already looking cute isn't he? After I got him to this point and he had dried, all he required was painting and sealing. Voila', now here's a super cute Santa Claus!





I would love to hear what you think of my Santa!! I also welcome any questions that you might have.

6 comments:

Jingle said...

This is amazing! I absolutely love him!

Sandra Strait said...

Now that's the Santa I want to see coming down my chimney! He's adorable. I probably wouldn't let him go, lol!

Unknown said...

you did a WONDERFUL job with him. I wish I could make mine look that great.
Hugs
Brenda

Lyneen said...

You make it look so easy!!!!! I may have to try this project!

MarissArt Dollmaker said...

So cute!!! You've inspired me too...and now I must make a Santa!!!

poodlepompom said...

Lovely Santa. Your tutorials are great.