Sunday, November 27, 2011

Creative Paperclay Verdi Angel Ornament

Do you like making your own Christmas ornaments? Here's one that I made using Creative Paperclay® modeling material. I had a pair of antique cherubs that I love, and thought they would be perfect as my model.

I made a mold of my angel using Amazing Mold Putty. Through trial and error, I figured out that my original angel had too many undercuts, and to make a cast of the full original just didn't work out how I had planned. But, my angel head, was perfect. So I just added the modeling material to that portion of the mold - making sure to press it firmly into all the details. I let it dry completely and then removed it.



I painted an undercoat of Creative Inspirations Paint in Emerald all over the cherub and let this dry.

Next, I rubbed Viva Decor Inka Gold (which is kind of waxy) all over the angel. Only little bits of the green base showed after I did this - and really helped to accentuate the fine details. I cut some wings using a Tim Holtz die and glued them to the back of the ornament.

I added a loop and bow to hang the finished piece, and now it's ready for my tree (although I'm not ready for my tree!)

Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

Gorgeous project, you make it look so easy. Fantastic results. Lee x

Cindy said...

Lovely project! What a cute cherub.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Lyneen said...

Beautiful... love the Verdi, looks vintage! I LOVE vintage!

AJsArts said...

Great project

Unknown said...

Lovely...I love the vintage look and it turned out fabulous.
Hugs
Brenda CPC DT Member
I would be honored if you came to see my blog here

TAXCAT1 said...

fun to see all!