Monday, November 7, 2011

Dove embellishment

Good day all


Today I wanted to share a super quick and simple card I made using an embellishment I made from a mold.  I love to go to discount stores and thrift stores to buy my crafting supplies.  The other day I was at a thrift store and in their kitchen section was a huge bag full of cake molds.  I couldn't see everything in this bag, but there was a lot and it was only $3.  I couldn't wait to get home and check out my new finds.  There were molds for flowers, leaves, rings, bells and birds.  I needed to get an anniversary card in the mail so I thought I'd use the bird for that.
 I used my  Creative Paperclay® and added it to the mold and let it dry for a couple of hours.
 Once I released it from the mold I let it harden the rest of the way and then I added some white metallic rubons to it and made it a glossy white.
I really like the look of this bird and I know my friends will love the card.
You can see more of my projects here at Creativity is a State of Mind
Hugs
Brenda

8 comments:

Sandra Strait said...

Beautiful dove! What a wonderful card!

Jingle said...

That turned out really pretty!

Crafty Loops said...

This is really beautiful, what a gorgeous dove. Lee x

Sheryl Parsons said...

Very lovely!

TAXCAT1 said...

I LIKE IT. IT LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR $3 WORTH,FOR SURE----THAT DOVE ONE IS VERY NICE LOOKING!!

Cindy said...

Oh the dove is just beautiful, as is the card! I love it.

Hugs XX
Barbara

Debbie Buckland said...

Wonderfully done. what a great find on the dove mold!

Lyneen said...

I love the dove mold... I am going to have to search for one!!!! TFS!