Thursday, June 25, 2015

Telling Stories with Creative Paperclay®


I am always trying to do something new and I am always trying to organize my studio. The combination means there is always something I find that I can practice on. I came across an old cabinet card and decided it needed a story. I love making stories for all the vintage images that I have.

SUPPLIES
cabinet card
Creative Paperclay®paint
tape
stamps










I taped off the straight edges wih blue
painter's tape. Then I carefully rolled out Creative Paperclay® on top of image. I trimmed the clay after stamping it and removed the tape.

Decided the boy needed a name so it was Bad Mike. I named it after my brother who is actually a great guy. Since he calls me Mean Darlene, I thought it is only fair to turn it back on him.













I finished it off by painting the background and adding two colors of metallic rub. Then it was framed and given as a gift to my brother. A fun way to make an impression for a birthday or just as a gift. You can find cabinet cards online and at flea markets.

Have fun with art & dream in color!

Darlene Olivia McElroy



1 comment:

Annmakes said...

I really really like your idea, and great project.