Creative Paperclay is an amazing product you can do so many different things with! This post is all about starting out using the Creative Paperclay and Delight products, and different supplies you will need for both of them both!
A basic supply list will include things you already have at home and available to you, no need to purchase a ton of extra supplies to use, just the product itself when you are first starting out! Most everything you will have available to you, or you can substitute with something else!
Basic supply list:
- Creative Paperclay and Delight product
- Water, small bucket of water and squirt bottle in a mist
- Sand paper in various strengths/Sandit's sanding sticks
- Cookie cutters
- Craft knife (Xacto is fine)
- Rolling pin (or other round object to roll out the clay)
- Wet washcloth to wash your hands as you are working
- Dry cloth to dry your hands
- Aluminum foil and Saran Wrap (using the leftover roll part for rolling out the clay in a pinch)
- Popsicle sticks
- Paint brushes
- Things you have from cake decorating
- Anything small and sharp to shape and mold with
- Fingers...your fingers will be a wonderful supply, CHEAP!
- Something to keep it all in
- Templates (if you happen to scrapbook)
- Acrylic paint
- Ziploc style bags to keep opened clay package in
- For your supplies, look at what you have at home first - before you spend money on anything! Things from other crafts you do, such as scrapbooking or cake decorating can be used to create your first projects!
- Water will be your best friend when you are doing anything with Creative Paperclay! It will help to smooth the pieces you are working on and make them look perfect!
- Things you would normally throw away - can be reused to make something different. One of the first larger projects I made, was using a small creamer container to make a snowman!
- If you happen to do other crafts - you can use a lot of those supplies, with Creative Paperclay and Delight products!
- Stalk the blog, Pinterest, and YouTube for ideas! Think about things a bit before you get started, and substitute where you can to save money!
- Step out of your comfort zone - start small - and work your way up from there!
I am working on a few easy projects for you to start out with - make sure you check back in two weeks! I have a fun birthday to create something for - and the ideas are just FLOWING!!! Now to take the time to create it! Plus with Easter coming up - my first idea in March will be a fun Easter basket idea I am working on!!! So, grab your package of Creative Paperclay, a container to put all the stuff in, and start to work on your own projects!
Creative Paperclay Design Team
and Memories in Tyme