Monday, June 6, 2016

Fairy Garden Accessories part II

Hi everyone! I've been making some more things for my Fairy Garden, and I am hooked with how much fun Creative Paperclay truly is. The more I play with it the more entertaining it becomes!
This week I added a mushroom door and a mushroom welcome sign...have I gone overboard on all the mushrooms? Can you ever have too much cuteness? I don't think so!

The first thing I did was to measure where my door was going to be placed and draw out the design.

Next, I rolled out some of my Creative Paperclay onto a texture plate that I first conditioned with a tiny bit of Pam spray to make sure it released easily. I love the wood grain texture!

I cut out the paper pattern that I drew and traced it directly onto my paper clay so I would get the exact measurement.  I love how you can use scissors to cut out your designs too, so easy!

I addedsome trim around the door by rolling out a "log" and used water on my paint brush to attach it to the door. I moved my piece to my designated baking sheet so it would be ready to go into the oven.

While it was still damp I placed the doorknob into the door but removed it before it baked. It's a brad that I will paint to match the mushrooms...is there such a thing as too much polka dots?

In my excitement I forgot to take a picture of me making the mushroom top or painting it for that matter, honestly, it was all happening so quick and I was having so much fun that I couldn't wait for it to all come together. BUT I did remember to get a photo of the wire I placed in the backside of the mushroom cap, this will help give it stability and I won't have to worry about it being top heavy.

I used anything I had on hand to "bend" the bottom part of the small mushrroms and let them dry a bit before I put them in the oven so they would maintain that shape. And once everything came out of the oven I coated them 3 times with the Paverpol product. 

Here are my little pieces in their Fairy Garden. You might remember it all began with the snail and the crystal ball that I made a couple of weeks ago. ( You can visit that post here ) I do water the garden and mist the moss and so far everything is holding up very well, although please note this is not sutting directly outdoors but is on a covered balcony. 

Thanks for stopping my!

3 comments:

Craftychris said...

Ooh your fairy garden is just magical! I love the mushroom door, its perfect for petal's garden. I have been and looked at the previous post too - I love how it's come together! xxx

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I love it!! I have to really get me some paper clay!!

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

hmm comment didnt post... grrr

I really love your fairy post.. I have to try some of that creative paper clay to do some great fairy pieces.. i can't believe how expensive they are. This makes it more affordable!