Friday, November 16, 2012

Are you working on Christmas Decorations yet?

 

I would like to show you a project that I completed, using Creative Paperclay® and a few other things. I started out with this:

2003-01-10 13.38.38

I chose the birdhouse on the right to work with. I rolled out some paperclay into the form of a snake and cut equal portions of it. I then rolled the pieces into a ball, flattened them and applied them onto the roof of the birdhouse as shingles. I did use glue underneath to hold the shingles in place. I used another snake of clay to go around the bottom of the birdhouse to make it look like snow. I then painted the shingles with white paint and then with Extreme Glitter. I did the same with the clay on the bottom of the house. I then painted the main part of the house blue and the perch gold. I added some Petaloo flowers and some gifts and look how it turned out:

2003-01-02 09.46.49              2003-01-02 09.45.37

These pictures really don’t do justice to the roof. The shingles that were made out of Creative Paperclay just glittered. It looked like it should be in a Winter Wonderland. What do you folks think? I love to hear your comments and it would be so nice to hear from you.         2003-01-02 08.12.07 Ha, I found a pic before the extras were added. Don’t these shingles look neat?

Barbara

No comments: