Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Cornucopia

Hi! 

My name is Dawn and I'm eager to show you some fun projects that you can create using Creative Paperclay ®.  With the holidays coming up, there is always something new and interesting to make to embellish your home!   I'm blessed to have many of my family coming over this year for Thanksgiving. With so many little cousins, you know this auntie needs to have a sugary treat out for eager mouths to nibble on (without their moms noticing)!







Supplies Needed:
Creative Paperclay ®
rolling pin
your imagination
sponge brushes
acrylic craft paint: browns, ochers, antique gold
Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss spray

For this project, you have to have confidence! 
First, I used a marble rolling pin to roll out the Creative Paperclay, a modeling material,
 to about 12 x 7 inches.
Then, roll your modeling material into a cornucopia shape.  
Let dry for several days.  
As this is a large piece, it took longer than recommended on the package.



Unfinished cornucopia form.




I used a sponge brush to fill in all the textured areas using an ochre color.
While the paint is still wet, add more brown colored paint.
Be sure to go from your lightest tan to the darkest browns.  
Antique gold should be last. 
I painted wet on wet so that my colors would blend nicely. 

When dry, spray with Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss to protect your new cornucopia.
Fill with Candies!  (I guess I forgot to add that to the supply list!)



Thank you for checking out this fun project using Creative Paperclay ®.  
Be sure to come back to see more projects and read more tips for using this fun material!


2 comments:

Rachel OCrowley said...

Very cute idea!! I want to make it too!

Lyneen said...

Really like your cornucopia!